Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Chop Shop

To welcome the warming weather, I've decided that I'm going to chop off all of my hair. Tomorrow.

(all images via IMDb because, let's face it, google-searching female celebs can get awkward in the workplace) 

Right now I'm leaning toward the bottom row styles (which, yes, includes Anne Hathaway twice. She's just so classy). The short, wavy style looks so effortlessly polished. I've been trying to grow out my bangs, but my opinion wavers between wanting them and wanting them gone. I still can't decide if I like the top row bang-sporting styles.

My college roommate, Keitha, used to take a pair of scissors to her hair whenever she was bored. I, on the other hand, have had slight variations of the same hairstyle for about, oh... 6 years now. It has always been parted to the left, hanging several inches past my shoulders with bangs of some sort. I'd say it's about time for a change. I've actually been thinking about cutting my hair for seven months. Daydreams of lightweight summery hair have finally given me the courage.  And let's not forget about the pretty hair accessories in the world right now:

1. Poppy hair pins from Much love Illy 2. Woodland Belle's wonderful tiny twig hair pins  3. MASSIVE hair rose from Trey & Lucy via Oh Hello Friend

Thoughts? Words of encouragement so I don't chicken out? It'll grow back, right?

2 comments:

Sheena said...

IT'll Grow back. You will love it. I have always had long hair an when I cut it I wasn't sure if I actually liked it. But, now that I am use to it I love it more each day. Don't get me wrong I miss my long beautiful hair too. Just try it out..worse case scenerio you hate it an you wait for it to grow back. There are vitamins you can take for it to grow back faster.

Sharon Telschow said...

DOOO IT!!!!! You will save so much time and shampoo. Seriously. As a formerly short haired person, that is a super plus. It will be so nice for summer too. You'll be so surprised at how much cooler you feel. I think the right above the shoulder would be as sweet as can be and the Katie Holmes bangs...adorable!