Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Friendship Bracelet Swap

Image from grainline studio

I just read over at Michael Ann Made that Jen from grainline studio is hosting a friendship bracelet swap! I'm totally signing up. It's great that so many blogs are featuring revamped, more sophisticated versions of childhood crafts.... I love this gray gradient one from Purl Bee and the braided bracelets from son of a sailor.  I haven't thought of friendship bracelets in years, but I'm suddenly nostalgic for summer camp and anklets, wet and soggy from trips to the beach.

If you need a refresher on bracelet making, Jen has provided some handy links, or check out Michael Ann's fun cardboard loom tutorial. I think I'm going to try making one with dusty blue, mustard, and gray thread a la gathered heart... time to round up some embroidery floss.

2 comments:

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

I love friendship bracelets I used to make really elaborate ones when I was a kid- such a great idea for a swap.

Jenna Griffin | Gold & Bloom said...

this is so fun! i love it. by the way, i love your blog! xx