Thursday, February 9, 2012

Sandra Dieckmann

I stumbled upon the work of British illustrator Sandra Dieckmann the other day and had to share a few of my favorites... which were pretty difficult to decide on. Her work is is full of woodland creatures, intricate details, beautifully subtle colors, a hint of whimsy and the occasional feather. All of my favorite things.



Robin Trees - I love the pattern detail on the tree trunks!

Squirrel Spoon - how sweet is this pair?
Kes
Detail from Magic Breeze

Aren't her illustrations lovely? Dieckmann's work is available for purchase on Etsy and Society6, or visit her website for more information on her wonderful illustrations.

3 comments:

Sharon Telschow said...

I super loving the boy and bird as well as the tree trunks! Good find. Brilliant woman!

Katherine Ross said...

The little boy reminds me of the book "My Side of the Mountain." Did you read that when you were young? It makes me love the illustration even more :)

Unknown said...

just saw this artist a few days ago on Etsy and LOVE her. especially all the little details...