Monday, July 30, 2012

Weekend Adventures: Houseguests Edition

Is it really already Monday again? I feel like I ask myself that question a lot, but I really can't believe how quickly the days go by... and I don't want to even think about how fast summer is going. Ugh. I had a mini freakout last week when I realized that this week is August. AKA back to school season. AKA the final days of summer. I'm never quite ready for summer to be over, but it has definitely been a great season so far.

Arissa & Cory, illustrated by Jen Mackin

This weekend did not disappoint... my bff Arissa came for a visit with her boyfriend Cory! It had been over a year since I'd last seen her, and this was the first time Chris and I met Cory. We kept things pretty chill all weekend... caught up on life and shared college memories, feed the swans off our dock, consumed lots of grilled food and tasty pancakes, and rented Jeff, Who Lives at Home (which we thought was a comedy but turned out to be a poignant, quirky little film, if you're curious.) It was a pretty great weekend.

P.S. How awesome are the portraits of Arissa and Cory by Jen Mackin?!

2 comments:

Latrina said...

Eek, I know how you're feeling! It hit me yesterday that this month is already almost over & August is just a day away! Very frightening how fast this year has gone by. :| ...but I've found that if you sit and think about allllll the things you've done in the past 3-6 months... time will feel a lot longer! :)

Sounds like you had a really good weekend though! It's always really special when you have the opportunity to catch up with friends who you haven't seen for awhile. :)

Ronnie said...

Funny, here I am just thinking how quickly winter is passing us by and how it'll be spring soon here in Australia! Really glad to hear you got to spend your weekend with your bff and meet her boyfriend! How awesome. I always enjoy reminiscing with high school and university friends. :)
Ronnie xo