Thursday, March 17, 2011

animal head vintage

I love etsy, but honestly, what creative with an internet connection doesn't? Today I found this wonderful vintage clothing shop, Animal Heads Vintage, through a few clicks on Oh Happy Day. The shop owner, Rebecca, runs the store out of her tiny SF apartment, and was recently featured on Martha Stewart Weddings. I can't get over how cute it is!

I'm not sure what I love about her shop more, the clothes or the artistic direction behind the photographs. All of her models wear paper-mache animal masks she bought on her honeymoon in Italy. A few of my favorites...

Clockwise from top left: 1. This 50s Black Party Dress reminds me of my roommate from college 2. Eventhough Spring is three days away, nothing is classier than a Cream Wool Coat   3. The eyelet detail on the 1960s Peach Lace Dress is amazing. So pretty and feminine.


I'm not usually fond of asymmetrical shoulders, but this Strapless Floral Tea Dress is gorgeous. The colors, the silhouette, the pleating. I want it. Too bad it has already been sold.

Of course, these images leave me wanting to draw girls with antlers dressed in pretty frocks. Not exactly original, I know, but I still love the concept. It's so difficult balancing a job, cooking/cleaning, and living with a husband that I haven't really worked on any art projects since being married. Perhaps it's time to change that...

1 comment:

rachelfiorenza said...

Love love lovin' that peach lace dress! An absolute beauty.