Monday, May 16, 2011

Gabriella Barouch

I don't normally mind the start of a work week, but for some reason today I have a serious case of the Mondays. Construction on the toll road slowed my commute, I feel achy all over, my sweater is uncomfortable and my hair is a static bomb. It's just one of those days.


Instead of moping, though, I'm trying to focus on something beautiful. Last week I spent an entire day formatting and revamping my online portfolio, which I hadn't updated in about a year. Since Chris and I are living on the budget of newlywedlyness, I use the free portfolio site, Carbon Made, for my work. As most free things go, the options for customization are limited. I was browsing CM's gallery of "Awesome" for organizational inspiration, when I came across the work of Gabriella Barouch.


Her illustrations are so imaginative and detailed, my two favorite qualities in artwork. I love her subtle use of colors and delicate marksmanship. I wonder what her technique is... ink, watercolor, collage, with perhaps a little bit of digital coloring?

Great Expectations -- my favorite!

Gabriella is finishing up her degree at the Bezalel Academy of Art & Design in Jerusalem. Considering the quality of these student pieces, I'm sure she has quite the future as an illustrator. I can't find any of her work for sale online... but I'd love to hang a few of her pieces on my wall! 


To see more of Gabriella's work, visit her portfolio or Flickr account. I hope your Monday is going well!

2 comments:

lizzie said...

her work is beautiful! so is YOURS, lady. loved digging through it!

Jenn said...

Her work is beautiful! What a great find!