Last Thursday, Danni of Oh, Hello Friend shared a new project, Twelve by 2012: a blogging challenge to list, track, and complete twelve goals by the new year. You all know that I love lists... remember this little list of goals? Although I've (surprisingly) been checking stuff off the list, I haven't been very good at updating my progress along the way. Seeing Twelve by 2012 reminded me that I still have a few more things I want to accomplish by 2012 (which is only 73 days away!) so I thought I'd share...
My Twelve by 2012 list:
- Send 12 friends handwritten letters.
- Get to know the manual settings on my new camera.
- Deep clean the house in preparation for winter.
- Try my hand at making braided apple bread. (Pretty, tasty. Pretty tasty.)
- Write and illustrate a children's book for Addie (successfully combining 9 and 17 from my previous list. Genius.)
- Learn how to tat lace.
- Typography flash cards. Still need to make them. Still need to memorize them.
- Read/design covers for Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, and The Little Princess. (Considering the fact that I haven't even started this project, I've decided that three books are much more manageable than the original goal of 11. The selections are all young adult, too, so the reading will go pretty quickly. Hopefully.)
- Stay healthy, stay happy (This requires exercise and more fruits and veggies!)
- Sketch/draw more often and share my illustrations here.
- Get my work published on a blog I admire.
- Do a little research on home ownership. (It's a big step, but Chris and I are ready-ish to start looking at houses!)
I think this is a pretty manageable list, if I do say so. It essentially tackles everything I wanted to do in 2011, with a few added goals to finish up the year. 10 weeks, 12 goals. I can totally do it. Anyone else participating in Twelve by 2012? I'd love to see your lists!