Monday, June 18, 2012

Summertime Is...


Instagrammed view of Cedar Point while on the Sky Ride

Summertime is about sunshine, swimming and sandals. Summertime is about staying up late on a school work night with your best friend and watching the fireflies flicker across the lake. Summertime is about ice cream and hot dogs and corn on the cob. It's about laughter, freckles and rosy sunburned skin.

Summertime is about skipping out on work on a Friday for a spontaneous trip to Cedar Point, waiting an extra 20 minutes to sit in the front seat of the Millennium Force, enjoying the breeze off Lake Eerie, screaming your head off on Top Thrills Dragster and snapping photos on the Raptor.

Summertime doesn't even officially begin until June 20th but who's counting?

Summertime is pure happiness.

7 comments:

Callie said...

Seriously, summer is the best! The only thing that could make my summer better would be if the Olympics were on already. In my opinion summer during Olympics years is even better than normal summers (if thats even possible).

Sharon Telschow said...

BEAUTIFUL! I'm so glad you and Christopher ran away to Cedar Point. That is a great Friday for certain. You're makin' me miss cornfields real bad right now!!

Carrie said...

Summer is coming! There is something so nostalgic about summer nights. I want to watch sandlot and sit out on the front porch with a mason jar of sweet tea.

It looks like you had a great time at Cedar Point! You have a great start to making the most of your summer. I'm feeling inspired to take advantage of my summer also.

Keitha said...

hooray! Hooray for running away! I have been hibernating, summertime for me is laziness.

Katherine Ross said...

@Callie -- YES! Bring on the sand volleyball!

@Carrie -- Chris and I were just talking about the Sandlot! We want to watch all of our favorite summery movies from our childhood, and that one is at the top of the list! :)

Latrina said...

Excellent summer photo! I love the colors. :) And I concur! -- summer is definitely pure happiness. SO much to do. And so many places to go!

Ronnie said...

Aaaahh.... summer. Ice cream, hot dogs and corn on the cob all sound pretty fantastic to me!
ronnie xo